- 200g SPAR wheat cake flour
- 2 SPAR Extra-large free range eggs
- SPAR Marksbury Select Cheese, Chevre
- 6 ml basil pesto
- 1 X 390g SPAR pasta sauce – tomato and chilli
- SPAR Marksbury Select Parmigiano Reggiano 24 months
- Fresh Basil Leaves to serve
- Sift the flour into a pile on a work surface. Make a well in the centre and crack the egg into it.
- Using your fingers, break the egg up and mix into the flour slowly incorporating the flour from the sides until you have a dough. You can use a food processor or mixer instead.
- Knead the dough until smooth. This takes 6 – 10 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough. Fold and re roll several times until you can roll the dough to 1 mm thick. You can also use a pasta machine to roll the dough.
- Using a round scone cutter cut circles in the pasta.
- Place a small spoonful of filling on the centre. Fold pasta over to make a half circle. Take the two corners and press together folding the back over to form a pirate’s hat shape. Continue until all filling and pasta has been used up.
- Follow the instructions on the SPAR Pasta Sauce packaging to make the tomato and chilli sauce.
Hints & Tips
: Pasta-making is fun and sociable so why not invite a bunch of friends over or get the whole family in the kitchen kneading, rolling and filling.