- 8 oz. Thai rice noodles
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 shallot, chopped ( a type of onion, use google for image reference )
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups. chicken stock
- 1 (13.5-oz.) can coconut milk
- 3 cups. cubed fresh pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 tbsp. Thai roasted red chili paste
- 1 tsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup. snow peas
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add stock, coconut milk, pumpkin, chili paste, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pumpkin is just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in snow peas and cook until bright green, 1 minute. Stir in lime juice and fish sauce.
- Divide noodles between four serving bowls. Top with soup and basil.