- 4 Small eye of round steaks ( Rib eye steak will work too )
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella
- Generously season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Working in batches if needed to avoid crowding pan, add the steaks, and sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side; transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic. Cook, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and oregano. Cook over high heat until the sauce is thickened, scraping up the browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Return the steaks, and any accumulated juices from the plate, to the skillet. Cover, and cook until the steaks are just heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. To serve, transfer the steaks to plates, and top with the sauce and mozzarella; garnish with more oregano.
For a more filling meal serve on a bed pasta!